Upcoming Workshops for August 2009
Job Seekers and Recruiters,
Before I forget to mention it, here is a list of my August workshops in Portland, OR. These are 1 hr workshops, but don’t be fooled, they are packed with useful information that you can use right away to take your job search to the next level.
Aug 18, from 10am to 11am, Worksource Tualatin (7995 SW Mohawk St, Tualatin, OR) This is for a special networking group for re-entering professionals. If you aren’t part of this group, then please let me know if you are planning to attend. Space is VERY limited.
Aug 21, from 9:30-10:30am, Capital Career Center (18624 NW Walker Rd., Rm. 1522, Beaverton, OR 97006, (503)533-2713). This will be for a large (100 ppl) group of technology job seekers. Again, space is limited, let me know if you are interested in coming
Aug 25, from 6-7pm, Capital Career Center (18624 NW Walker Rd., Rm. 1543, Beaverton, OR) for a local networking group called MeetIn. The cost is $10 to defray to cost of the space, to register, join MeetIn (free) and sign up.
We are all facing tremendous challenges to finding work in Portland today. One out of every eight people in this city are looking for work. That’s over 12%, just second only to Detroit. But job seekers who turn new social media skills to their advantage have a serious edge on the competition.
Want to Read More Articles Like This One?
Sign up here to receive weekly updates from Career Enlightenment, and never miss another powerful job searching tip!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
When you come to my hour long Career Searching with Social Media workshop, you get valuable information that you can take home and use that night. This is not going to be a Data Dump, nor will it be a sales pitch. I’ll be teaching real content that will help you get job interviews faster.
We will Cover:
- Health checklist for your LinkedIn profile: I’m sure you have LinkedIn by now, or at least know what it is. But is your profile in tip-top shape and is it getting you interviews. We’ll talk about some simple things you can do to improve your response rate.
- I’ll share with you ninja techniques for finding the people you want to target on LinkedIn
- We’ll tie it all together and go through some real steps to turn your online relationships into off-line job interviews
- I’ll introduce you to VisualCV, which will help you differentiate yourself from the other candidates
- You’ll get to take home a Social Media Cheat Sheet that you can refer to later, in case you get stuck
To get updated on the workshop schedule each month, sign up below and I will PERSONALLY email you with the latest workshop announcements:
Next 2 Hr Comprehensive Training Scheduled for Sept 9th, 2009
I just checked out the space for our next 2 hr comprehensive workshop and its AWESOME. FREE coffee, great atmosphere, easy parking.
Sept 9th, from 6pm to 8pm at Umpqua Bank (3606 SW Bond Ave. Portland, OR 97239)
For more information
–or register to secure your space–