The gig economy is on the rise and deliveries are in demand like never before, so if you’re looking for flexible work and you enjoy driving, you’ll want to consider becoming an Amazon Flex driver.
As an Amazon Flex driver, you would work as a contractor to Amazon delivering anything that is sold on Amazon to customers’ homes. You get to set your own schedule, so it’s the ideal job to fit around other commitments.
Furthermore, it’s much easier to get hired than with many other jobs. You don’t need to attend a face-to-face interview or answer complex questions. Instead, you simply need to fit Amazon’s criteria and meet the company’s driver requirements.
You can get hired more quickly by ensuring you are prepared. So, take note of the following tips.
First off, if you don’t have your own vehicle, you need to get one. Amazon Flex doesn’t provide company vehicles.
You can deliver goods by car or van. Amazon has few requirements for the type of car or van you can use. A mid-sized sedan or a larger car is ideal. Your vehicle also needs to be insured and well-maintained.
What are the other amazon delivery driver requirements besides needing to have a vehicle?
In the United States, you need to be twenty-one years of age or older to become an Amazon Flex driver. In every country, you need to provide Amazon with a copy of a valid driver’s license.
You must also have a bank account that can receive direct deposits and a modern smartphone to use the Amazon Flex app. You will need to provide Amazon with your Social Security number too. Make sure you meet all those requirements and have everything ready before you apply.
You must pass a background check before Amazon Flex will hire you, so maintain a clean background to achieve a successful application.
A background check helps Amazon to ensure it only hires safe drivers that are not threats to their customers.
The background check is no different from the one carried out by an employer when hiring employees. The check goes back seven years. It highlights any major criminal offenses, so if you have a history of something like theft or assault, you will most likely be disqualified from the application process. The same applies if numerous driving offenses are found in your records.
Amazon background checks typically take between two and five business days.
The background check is the last part of the Amazon Flex application procedure, so if it clears and you meet the other requirements, you’ll then receive an email telling you that you have been successful and inviting you to book your first shift.
Once you are prepared, you can apply.
The Amazon Flex delivery driver application process is straightforward. Simply follow these steps:
- Head to the Amazon Flex Getting Started page and select your location.
- Confirm that you are twenty-one years of age or older and that you hold a valid driver’s license.
- Select the type of cell phone you own.
- Download the Amazon Flex app by clicking on the link provided.
- Create an account and accept the terms and conditions.
- You’ll be redirected to a page to download an app.
- With the app up and running, select your region and enter basic information like your name and contact details.
- Enter your vehicle information.
- Enter your tax information.
- Enter your bank account details.
- Watch the videos that explain in detail the Amazon Flex process.
- Verify your driver’s license.
- Consent to the background check.