In this Infographic I found on UNC’s Online MBA website, several interesting stats stood out for me:
- 64% of millennials ask about a company’s social media policy during a job interview. This is funny, b/c many companies have very little clarity around this, or they are unnecessarily strict.
- 24% of millennials say that the answer to the previous question will influence their interest in that company. Which means recruiters who work for companies with big-brother, puritanical social media policies are pushing up-hill.
Facebook is the modern day smoke break. Managers, please loosen the leash a little bit.
I had a boss who used to ask how many apps the candidate had on their phone. The more apps, the more tech savvy. The more tech savvy, the better they are going to be at the job.
Some other stat’s below include:
- Millennials prioritized “meaningful work” over high pay.
- 1 in 3 millennials said “social media freedom” is a higher priority than salary.
- 70% of millennials are planning to change jobs once the economy improves.