The Following Is an Excerpt from my NEW Book Job Searching With Social Media For Dummies:
Twitter is more than just a way to find out about the latest celebrity breakup; it can also be a great tool for finding job openings in your area. Simply follow these steps:
- Visit www.search.twitter.com.
- Click on the Advanced Search link below the search box.
- Enter “Hiring” or “Jobs” in the first field in the Words section.
- Enter your zip code in the Places section and choose your radius in miles.
- You can further refine your search by adding industry keywords in the search form.
- Click on the Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Feed for This Query link in the right column to add this feed to your RSS reader.
If you don’t have an RSS reader, you can go to www.feedmyinbox.com, create an account, and simply add the RSS feed link to receive e-mail updates instead.
Watch the book trailer at Job Searching With Social Media For Dummies